One of the most valuable uses of aromatherapy is improving emotional health, overall well-being, and the ability to cope with stress. In this advanced course, you will discover how to use essential oils and other aromatherapy products to help mitigate emotions and other stress related concerns such as sadness, worry, grief, anger, stress, focus, sleep, pain, and the effects of trauma. Learn about the current research that supports the use of aromatherapy for these concerns. Explore additional brain based and mind-body approaches for supporting emotional wellness and mental health. Each class will have an experiential component of interacting and creating products with essential oils, and how to incorporate them into your regular self-care routine.
This class is valuable for Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists, Psychologists, Case Managers, Nurses, Counselors, Addiction Providers, Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Caregivers, other healthcare professionals, and anyone who wants to learn how aromatherapy can support emotional wellness and overall well-being.
Session 1: Psychoneuroimmunology: Explore how stress affects the body and immune system, and learn tools to help restore balance through a biopsychosocial and holistic aromatherapy lens.
Session 2: Sleep: Sleep is one of the most important foundations for health. Discover how aromatherapy and other mind-body techniques can be beneficial for sleep hygiene and overall rest and relaxation.
Session 3: Tension and pain: Discover aromatherapy products and mind-body therapies that provide support when there is acute or chronic stress, tension, and pain.
Session 4: Focus: Explore various essential oils that support focus, concentration, and memory.
- Explore effects of stress on the body and immune system from a biopsychosocial and holistic aromatherapy perspective.
- Review the importance of sleep hygiene and how aromatherapy and other mind-body techniques can benefit and improve sleep, rest, and relaxation.
- Discover aromatherapy products and mind-body therapies that can provide support for acute or chronic stress, tension, and pain.
- Explore essential oils that support focus, concentration, and memory.
- Be introduced to a blending technique.
- Describe how aromatherapy and other mind-body techniques can help with emotional wellness, mental health, and overall well- being.
- Create four different aromatherapy products that can be used to support the mind and body in the following areas: stress, tension, pain, mood, emotional regulation, sleep, focus, and memory.
- Practice awareness of various mind-body therapies that are available to use with aromatherapy.
- Demonstrate incorporation of 2 mind-body techniques to integrate with aromatherapy.