Spirituality, religion, and culture play an important role in health and healing. Health care systems and health care professionals must recognize and understand a variety of spiritual and religious values, beliefs, and practices and their impact on health and healing.
To meet the needs of a spiritually and culturally diverse client population, today's health care system is evolving in its approach. Knowledgeable providers who can deliver compassionate, effective care and meet their clients' and patients' spiritual needs are in dramatically increasing demand. To gain a broad understanding of spirituality, health, and healing and to stay current with emerging trends, health professionals who work with diverse religious and spiritual populations will need continuing professional education.
The Spirituality, Health, and Healing certificate program offers a multidisciplinary educational experience. Your certificate in Spirituality, Health, and Healing will distinguish you as a knowledgeable, skilled, and committed professional. This program will:
- enhance your professional marketability;
- build your skills and competencies;
- fulfill continuing education requirements for many professionals; and
- introduce you to a spiritual and multicultural perspective on health care.
The Spirituality, Health, and Healing certificate program consists of a total of 12 courses:
- Characteristics of Spirituality
- Spirituality, the Health Care Professional, and the Spiritual Care Provider
- Spiritual Rituals
- Spirituality, Religion, and Health
- Spirituality, Culture, and Health
- Spiritual Assessment and Spiritual Care
- Therapeutic Interventions for Healing
- Sacred Spaces, Healing Places
- Spiritual Care of the Dying
- Spirituality and the Grieving Process
- Spirituality, Religion, and Children
- Spiritual Dimensions of Aging
: Effective November, 2015, the registration process for this online class has changed. When enrolling, you will be directed to a new web page to complete your online registration.
New sessions of this class begin on the third Wednesday of each month
, and each session covers six weeks of online training
. New lessons are released each Wednesday and Friday during those six weeks, and you will be able to complete the course work at your convenience – at any time of day or night. To select a start date that works with your schedule, click the registration link at the end of the course description below.